Tuesday, January 25, 2011

STAR WARS REDUX

EMPIRE2819

A picture of me with R2D2 on the set of the Bog Planet at Elstree Studios in London. I’m wearing my light green linen jacket with the pewter whale tail badge on my lapel, a white shirt, black trousers and a conspicuous new pair of Wellington boots.  My left hand is tentatively touching R2D2. The set photographer told me at the time that I would remember this moment. So it has proved.

The Generalist has been contacted by a reader who is working on a Star Wars book and has asked me to contribute my memories of the time I went to Hollywood and met George Lucas when I was working on a series of magazines on the original Star Wars movies in 1979.

As a result have revamped my original post

 Star Wars: Memories of A Galaxy Far, Far Away

No comments: